|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 05:30 AM EST||
VIENNA, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MOMENTUM 2012 –News Summary:
- Products bring unprecedented performance, ease-of-deployment, user productivity and cost reduction
- Major releases include EMC Documentum Platform 7.0, EMC Documentum xCP 2.0 and EMC Captiva 7.0
- Products accelerate journey to the cloud for IIG and customers
- EMC's Information Intelligence Group portfolio can be fully managed with EMC OnDemand private cloud deployment model
At Momentum, the EMC Information Intelligence Group's EMEA user conference, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced a series of new products and solutions across the Information Intelligence Group (IIG) portfolio. IIG is committed to helping its customers transform their business with cloud solutions that connect information to work.
Key Announcements: Agility, Intelligence, Productivity
- EMC® Documentum® Platform 7.0, the next-generation release of EMC's industry-leading enterprise content management (ECM) platform. This new platform delivers breakthrough performance and scalability, while dramatically lowering total cost of ownership. Built with the new EMC xCelerated Management System (xMS) technology, the latest release offers advanced capabilities to simplify and accelerate the deployment of Documentum into VMware-based private-cloud environments. It also includes powerful new capabilities for security such as FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standard) compliance as well as improved search for end user productivity.
- EMC® Documentum xCP 2.0 is a next-generation platform for developing and deploying advanced business and case management solutions, optimized for cloud-based deployments including EMC® OnDemand. The new release dramatically improves productivity with a modern user experience, content and process analytics, and provides the industry's first unified solution design tool for increased agility and faster solution development. xCP 2.0 is uniquely positioned to delight business users, enabling them to make effective decisions that drive better business outcomes.
- EMC® Captiva® 7.0 transforms paper documents, faxes and other content into digital data used by enterprise applications. This new, significant release provides advanced capabilities for intelligent enterprise capture, business productivity and improved organizational agility. New features simplify the development and deployment of enterprise capture projects. Captiva 7.0 increases operator productivity with a new configurable, flexible desktop client for a variety of use cases.
- EMC® Document Sciences® xPression 4.5 enables organizations to quickly and cost-effectively create timely, accurate and personally relevant customer communications. Document Sciences xPression 4.5 meets the demands of business users by further extending Microsoft Word to simplify the creation of effective multi-channel communications while providing IT with the enterprise-level administration and change control they require. The new version also includes significant performance improvements and increases productivity for multi-channel publishing by enabling a single rules-based template to control the appropriate use of channel-specific content and formatting.
- EMC® Documentum Information Rights Management (IRM) 5.1 enables secure mobile access to protected information assets throughout the enterprise and beyond the firewall. Designed to enhance business and IT productivity in an increasingly mobile and cloud environment, Documentum IRM 5.1 enables iPad and iPhone users to access and browse IRM-protected enterprise content as part of a typical business process. It is seamlessly integrated with the Documentum platform and also works with file shares and other enterprise content management repositories.
- EMC® SourceOne File Intelligence 4.7, part of the EMC Pervasive Governance solution portfolio, enables organizations to identify, assess, classify and manage valuable content dispersed throughout the enterprise. The solution enables organizations to reduce costs and manage the risks associated with the retention, disposition and remediation of electronic records and files. The new release delivers better performance, scalability and connectivity to other enterprise repositories.
- EMC® SourceOne eDiscovery – Kazeon 4.7, an industry-leading, in-house eDiscovery and Early Case Assessment (ECA) platform, simplifies how legal, compliance and IT teams identify, collect and preserve critical information across numerous repositories and applications. With this new version, organizations can accelerate early case assessment, reduce review costs by more than 50% and enhance their internal investigations with breakthrough performance and scalability.
- EMC® Syncplicity® Connector for Documentum enables organizations to automate the distribution of content from Documentum to users and all of their devices as part of business processes. Developers can also use the xCP Designer to visually design, customize and deploy applications that automatically or manually distribute content from their Documentum repositories via Syncplicity. The company also announced the availability of Syncplicity Mobile 2.0 for the Apple iOS platform.
EMC will demonstrate all of the new products, as well as several solutions. The EMC Documentum for Life Sciences eTMF Solution which minimizes risks and costs of Life Science clinical trials by accelerating the collection of documentation required for trial set-up and approval, gives sponsor companies real-time visibility into the status of trial documentation, and simplifies access and retrieval of eTMF documents during and after the trial. The EMC Documentum Engineering Plant and Facilities Management (EPFM) Solution 1.7 helps operators of large facilities and managers of complex design and construction projects effectively create, share, maintain and secure the large volumes of engineering-related content across globally distributed network of vendors and contractors. The EPFM solution prevents project delays, minimizes plant down time and helps avoid regulatory non-compliance and catastrophic events that can result from faulty documentation.
Melissa Webster, Program Vice President, Content & Digital Media Technologies, IDC
"Customers are increasingly seeking out integrated solutions to manage their unstructured information throughout its life cycle. There is growing awareness of the need to maximize the value of content assets in all phases of that life cycle -- from collaborative content creation and sharing, to the intelligent use of content to drive business processes, to discovery and governance -- and of the benefits of a comprehensive, integrated single-vendor solution."
Rick Devenuti, President, Information Intelligence Group, EMC Corporation
"EMC is pleased to deliver such a comprehensive set of products and solutions, aimed at bringing new levels of agility, productivity and intelligence to the enterprise. The Information Intelligence Group is focused on helping our customers transform their IT and business operations with cloud solutions to connect information to work; the integrated innovation in this new wave of releases drives us forward on that journey."
Follow EMC at Momentum:
- Discover all Momentum News
- Visit the EMC Community Network to follow the Momentum conference online
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the conversation using #mmtm12 on Twitter
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Watch the video
- Learn more about EMC Documentum for Life Sciences
- Learn more about EMC Documentum EPFM
- Join the EMC Documentum communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare, the EMC Community Network
- Join the EMC Captiva communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and SlideShare
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Documentum, Captiva, xPression and Document Sciences are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 11:30 PM EST Reads: 1,145
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:45 PM EST Reads: 496
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, discussed how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your aud...
Dec. 9, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 294
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,281
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 9, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,020
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for ...
Dec. 9, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 721
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 5,147
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,767
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,374
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,891
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,472
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,317
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,869
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,247
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 992
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 881
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 658
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,053
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 9, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,790
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 836