|By Marketwired .||
|November 14, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/14/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Today, Lovely (www.livelovely.com) launched the Lovely app for iPhone that will change the way you search for an apartment. From the palm of your hand, easily search rental listings from thousands of sources all in one place.
- With Lovely's Smart Search system, let listings find you by turning your favorite searches into alerts, which automatically notify you when new listings hit the market. Never again worry about missing out on a listing and always be the first to contact the property.
- In October 2012, with over two dozen data partners and 285,000 apartment listings, Lovely made its web-based portal available nationwide, extending their services to renters in over 7,500+ cities.
- It's all about speed in the apartment hunt, so Lovely indexes over 50 listings per second behind the scenes from dozens of different data providers to ensure renters get access to the "freshest" set of data.
- Unlike other services, Lovely was built for the iPhone to automatically sync with the Lovely website because users should be able to conduct their apartment search from anywhere and at any time, without needing to start from scratch.
- How does Lovely work?
- Download Lovely to your iPhone
- Enter your search criteria via the filter tab
- Find listings from thousands of sources all on one easy-to-view map
- Easily identify the freshest listings with colored dots indicating time on market
- Create a list of Favorites to save the listings you care about the most, so you can access them from anytime by phone or from a computer
- Turn your favorite searches into push alerts with Lovely Smart Search to get notified as soon as new listings hit the market
- Learn when your saved listings go off the market, so you don't waste time pursuing stale listings
- Found a gem? Email or contact landlords directly with Lovely's template email, and get directions, with one tap
- Lovely was founded by CEO Blake Pierson and President & CTO Doug Wormhoudt in March, 2011 and is backed by notable angel investors, including Keith Rabois, Benjamin Ling, Walter Kortschak, Thomas Byrne, Felicis Ventures and 500 Startups.
Key Industry Statistics and Facts:
- There are more than 40 million renter occupied housing units in the US, which is 33% of the total US population, and more than 15 million renters move every year.(1)
- Renters outnumber owners in the majority of the US's ten largest cities: 69% of households in New York City, 61.8% in Los Angeles, 55.1% in Chicago, 54.6% in Houston, 51.7% in San Diego and 55.9% in Dallas.(1)
- A national study of 1,500 renters found that 97 percent, of apartment seekers who used a mobile device in their search process considered it a valuable tool, with 48 percent asserting it as essential.(2)
Blake Pierson, Founder & CEO, Lovely
"We know from personal experience just how painful it can be to rent an apartment and started this company because we don't think it should have to be that way. For the past year we've focused on giving renters up-to-the-minute access to every rental listing on the market, all in one place. Today, we are proud to extend that experience to the iPhone. Renters can now take their search on-the-go, and with the Lovely Smart Search, turn their favorite searches into push alerts, to get notified as soon as new listings hit the market."
Kartik Hosanagar, Lovely Board Member and Associate Professor of Internet Commerce at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
"In less than a year, Lovely has become San Francisco's preferred apartment search tool -- more than 25 percent of the apartment hunters in the city use it. Lovely has focused on bringing people the easiest, most intuitive and most impactful apartment search offering on the web and now we're making the experience mobile. Lovely is now nationwide and available via an iPhone app -- it's hands down the best tool for apartment hunters -- no matter where they are or what they need."
Lovely (www.livelovely.com) is the first apartment and home rental search service to help renters save time, stay organized and get an edge in their search for a new home. Founded in San Francisco in March 2011, Lovely understands a thing or two about crowded rental markets and provides powerful yet simple tools to help you find the home you love -- saving you time, energy and pain. To find out more, check us out at: www.livelovely.com or download our free, mobile app in the Apple® App Store today.
1. American Community Survey 3 Year Estimates, U.S. Census Bureau, American Rental Housing Survey, Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University: (2009-2011).
2. "Survey reveals mobile devices as valuable apartment hunting tool." HousingZone. March 2012. http://www.housingzone.com/industry-data-research/survey-reveals-mobile-devices-valuable-apartment-hunting-tool
Inner Circle Labs for Lovely
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,250
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 24, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,472
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,479
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Jul. 24, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,969
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 24, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,947
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Jul. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,117
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,460
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,849
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,051
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,691
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 24, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,929
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,759
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,354
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,028
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,549
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,725
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 902
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,673
Traditional IT, great for stable systems of record, is struggling to cope with newer, agile systems of engagement requirements coming straight from the business. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, William Morrish, General Manager of Product Sales at Interoute, outlined ways of exploiting new architectures to enable both systems and building them to support your existing platforms, with an eye for the future. Technologies such as Docker and the hyper-convergence of computing, networking and sto...
Jul. 24, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,011
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 24, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 776