|By Marketwired .||
|November 14, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/14/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Today, Lovely (www.livelovely.com) launched the Lovely app for iPhone that will change the way you search for an apartment. From the palm of your hand, easily search rental listings from thousands of sources all in one place.
- With Lovely's Smart Search system, let listings find you by turning your favorite searches into alerts, which automatically notify you when new listings hit the market. Never again worry about missing out on a listing and always be the first to contact the property.
- In October 2012, with over two dozen data partners and 285,000 apartment listings, Lovely made its web-based portal available nationwide, extending their services to renters in over 7,500+ cities.
- It's all about speed in the apartment hunt, so Lovely indexes over 50 listings per second behind the scenes from dozens of different data providers to ensure renters get access to the "freshest" set of data.
- Unlike other services, Lovely was built for the iPhone to automatically sync with the Lovely website because users should be able to conduct their apartment search from anywhere and at any time, without needing to start from scratch.
- How does Lovely work?
- Download Lovely to your iPhone
- Enter your search criteria via the filter tab
- Find listings from thousands of sources all on one easy-to-view map
- Easily identify the freshest listings with colored dots indicating time on market
- Create a list of Favorites to save the listings you care about the most, so you can access them from anytime by phone or from a computer
- Turn your favorite searches into push alerts with Lovely Smart Search to get notified as soon as new listings hit the market
- Learn when your saved listings go off the market, so you don't waste time pursuing stale listings
- Found a gem? Email or contact landlords directly with Lovely's template email, and get directions, with one tap
- Lovely was founded by CEO Blake Pierson and President & CTO Doug Wormhoudt in March, 2011 and is backed by notable angel investors, including Keith Rabois, Benjamin Ling, Walter Kortschak, Thomas Byrne, Felicis Ventures and 500 Startups.
Key Industry Statistics and Facts:
- There are more than 40 million renter occupied housing units in the US, which is 33% of the total US population, and more than 15 million renters move every year.(1)
- Renters outnumber owners in the majority of the US's ten largest cities: 69% of households in New York City, 61.8% in Los Angeles, 55.1% in Chicago, 54.6% in Houston, 51.7% in San Diego and 55.9% in Dallas.(1)
- A national study of 1,500 renters found that 97 percent, of apartment seekers who used a mobile device in their search process considered it a valuable tool, with 48 percent asserting it as essential.(2)
Blake Pierson, Founder & CEO, Lovely
"We know from personal experience just how painful it can be to rent an apartment and started this company because we don't think it should have to be that way. For the past year we've focused on giving renters up-to-the-minute access to every rental listing on the market, all in one place. Today, we are proud to extend that experience to the iPhone. Renters can now take their search on-the-go, and with the Lovely Smart Search, turn their favorite searches into push alerts, to get notified as soon as new listings hit the market."
Kartik Hosanagar, Lovely Board Member and Associate Professor of Internet Commerce at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
"In less than a year, Lovely has become San Francisco's preferred apartment search tool -- more than 25 percent of the apartment hunters in the city use it. Lovely has focused on bringing people the easiest, most intuitive and most impactful apartment search offering on the web and now we're making the experience mobile. Lovely is now nationwide and available via an iPhone app -- it's hands down the best tool for apartment hunters -- no matter where they are or what they need."
Lovely (www.livelovely.com) is the first apartment and home rental search service to help renters save time, stay organized and get an edge in their search for a new home. Founded in San Francisco in March 2011, Lovely understands a thing or two about crowded rental markets and provides powerful yet simple tools to help you find the home you love -- saving you time, energy and pain. To find out more, check us out at: www.livelovely.com or download our free, mobile app in the Apple® App Store today.
1. American Community Survey 3 Year Estimates, U.S. Census Bureau, American Rental Housing Survey, Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University: (2009-2011).
2. "Survey reveals mobile devices as valuable apartment hunting tool." HousingZone. March 2012. http://www.housingzone.com/industry-data-research/survey-reveals-mobile-devices-valuable-apartment-hunting-tool
Inner Circle Labs for Lovely
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 28, 2017 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 794
Most technology leaders, contemporary and from the hardware era, are reshaping their businesses to do software in the hope of capturing value in IoT. Although IoT is relatively new in the market, it has already gone through many promotional terms such as IoE, IoX, SDX, Edge/Fog, Mist Compute, etc. Ultimately, irrespective of the name, it is about deriving value from independent software assets participating in an ecosystem as one comprehensive solution.
Apr. 28, 2017 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 602
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Apr. 28, 2017 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,087
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 28, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,181
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Apr. 28, 2017 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,556
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Apr. 28, 2017 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,563
Five years ago development was seen as a dead-end career, now it’s anything but – with an explosion in mobile and IoT initiatives increasing the demand for skilled engineers. But apart from having a ready supply of great coders, what constitutes true ‘DevOps Royalty’? It’ll be the ability to craft resilient architectures, supportability, security everywhere across the software lifecycle. In his keynote at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Jeffrey Scheaffer, GM and SVP, Continuous Delivery Busine...
Apr. 28, 2017 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,107
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 28, 2017 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,403
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Apr. 28, 2017 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,299
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 28, 2017 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,397
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 28, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 929
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Apr. 28, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,263
NHK, Japan Broadcasting, will feature the upcoming @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley in a special 'Internet of Things' and smart technology documentary that will be filmed on the expo floor between November 3 to 5, 2015, in Santa Clara. NHK is the sole public TV network in Japan equivalent to the BBC in the UK and the largest in Asia with many award-winning science and technology programs. Japanese TV is producing a documentary about IoT and Smart technology and will be covering @ThingsExpo Silicon Val...
Apr. 28, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 9,281
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Apr. 28, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,704
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 28, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,425
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,442
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,464
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 27, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,325
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Apr. 27, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,267
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 27, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,519