|By Marketwired .||
|January 15, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
GREENSBORO, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- Along with the majestic and romantic backdrop of Lake Oconee at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, this February travelers will find additional touches of romance to enjoy. A seasonal Georgia vacation package takes its cues from a Fire & Ice theme, activities at the ice skating rink including a special "Skating with the Stars Couples Nights" will inspire Valentine's snuggling, and indulgent spa pampering features luscious ingredients. Pet owners who love to spoil their pups, can bring their dogs to A Puppy Love cooking class. And for couples who live by the motto "those who cook together, stay together," a BBQ Butler cooking lesson is available for Cottage guests.
Glittering 5,000-Square-Foot Ice Skating Rink
Open through February 24, 2013, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. & 4 to 8 p.m.
Always a romantic pastime, ice skating is available in the Georgia luxury resort's expansive outdoor Pavilion, accompanied by hot cocoa. Skating is complimentary for resort guests; non-resort guests price per session is $30 for children 12 and under; $40 for adults (price includes skate rentals, if needed).
Fire & Ice Hotel Package: Skate to Your Heart's Content
Available through February 24, 2013
- Luxurious hotel accommodations in a resort-view guestroom
- Unlimited ice skating
- Valet parking for one vehicle per night
- S'mores turndown amenity
- $100 food and beverage credit per day
- Starting at $329 per night, exclusive of tax
To book this weekend getaway in Georgia, please call 800-826-1945.
Skating with the Stars Couples Nights: Starry, Starry Nights on the Ice
February 14, 15 and 16, 8 to 9 p.m.
For couples only, skating sessions under the stars followed by hot toddies for two.
CouplesEscape: The Perfect Way to Spend Quality Time Together at the Spa
The award-winning Georgia spa is a warm tranquil sanctuary for guests to connect with that special someone. The Spa's Couples Escape includes: Couples Massage with Soak (105 minutes); Couples Pedicure (50 minutes) and champagne for two. 3 1/2 hours of pampering for $599. Reserve at 706-467-7185.
Valentine's Spa Treatments: Chocolate, Strawberry, and Everything Nice
Offered During February; For Spa reservations and information, please call 706-467-7185.
- "Just Give Me Chocolate" Body Treatment - This Vichy shower service begins with a mimosa sugar scrub to slough away dry skin cells. Next comes an antioxidant rich chocolate mask with cocoa, coconut milk and honey to boost defenses and soften skin. The finish is an aloe and shea strawberry smash moisturizer to protect skin from winter dryness. Then guests enjoy an indulgent chocolate truffle. 80 Minutes, $215
- Chocolate Truffle Facial - After a gentle exfoliation to renew skin cells, the face is drenched with a calorie-free chocolate mousse that fights signs of aging deliciously. Cocoa is rich in antioxidants and hydrating oils leaving skin smooth. A chocolate truffle is the very sweet ending to this pampering facial. 50 Minutes, $135; 80 Minutes, $199
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Manicure and Pedicure - Guests sip a glass of champagne while hands and feet are exfoliated with a sweet cream sugar scrub. Warm steamed towels help a delicious dark chocolate mask to seal in moisture and nourish skin. A strawberry cream, rich in aloe and vitamin C, locks in moisture and leaves skin dewy soft. 50-Minute Manicure, $65; 50-Minute Pedicure, $85
February is the Time to Share Culinary Activities and Dining Experiences with Those You Love
- Cottage Stays over Valentine's Weekend Offer a Private Three-Hour BBQ Butler Class - Available Thursday, February 14 through Sunday, February 17, classes held from 6 to 9 p.m. Lake Oconee resort is famous for its BBQ Butler experiences. During Valentine's Weekend, the BBQ Butlers will give a private BBQ lesson, available for two to six people staying in a three-bedroom cottage. $75 per person. Call 706-467-7059 for reservations.
- Puppy Love Cooking Class at Georgia's Bistro - Saturday, February 16 at 2 p.m.
Of course, the family's beloved pet deserves extra treats every day of the year. This class is offered for a guest and his or her canine Valentine. Learn how to make dog biscuits and other treats. Then conclude outside by the fire pit where dog participants will be treated to pet delicacies in their own pet bowl. The luxury resort's rescue mascot, Dooley, will greet all guests. $12 per person. Call 706-467-7059 for reservations.
- A truly romantic meal in a unique setting - Chiminea Dining during February. Guests dine under the stars, lakeside, on Adirondack chairs with blankets for coziness and choose from a three-course prix menu for two. Dishes may include an Artisan Cheese Plate, Filet Mignon with Cabernet Sauce & Grilled Salmon and Shrimp with Blood Orange Butter Sauce. Couples cap off the evening with S'mores or Chocolate Covered Strawberries. A bottle of wine is also included. $125 per person; reserve at least 24 hours in advance.
- Georgia's Bistro His & Hers Valentine's Day Menu (Available Feb. 14, 15, & 16) - This delectable Four-Course Tasting Menu will be served on this special day for lovers from 5:30 to 10 p.m. It tempts with Love Bites to Share such as Truffle Chicken Salad, Citrus Poached Shrimp and Goat Cheese with spiced pecans. The Second Course: "His," Smoked Short Rib with Cheddar Grits and Shallot Sauce; "Hers," Roasted Salmon with walnut-pepper relish. The Third Course: "His," Roasted Prime Rib of Beef and "Hers," Pan Seared Scallops. The Decadent Desserts: "His," Fire Roasted Apple Cake with Pecan Brittle and "Hers," Milk Chocolate Passion Fruit Curd Tart. $70 per person for Four Courses or guests may order items on this special menu a la carte.
- Aphrodisiac Valentine's Menu Served at Gaby's by the Lake (Available Feb. 14, 15, & 16) - What would February 14 be if couples didn't share some of the foods that are historically associated with love? Offered from 5 to 10 p.m., this special menu features: Starter of Oysters On The Half Shell (known for magical romantic powers) with "Bloody Mary" Granite; Main Course of Crispy Red Fish with sweet potato Dauphinois, jumbo asparagus (a beloved wedding night aphrodisiac in France) and lemon butter or 12-Ounce Grilled New York Strip with lobster mashed potato, lavender honey glazed carrots (honey has been associated with sensuality since the beginning of time) and red wine sauce. To end this magnificent repast: Chocolate (to heighten that giddy sensation) Fondue for two with strawberries, pineapple, financier, madeleines and marshmallows. The customary menu will also be served.
- Throughout February: Georgia's Bistro "3 for $33" Chocolate-Inspired Tasting Menu - It's a wonderful creative option for dining well with a very reasonable tab. First Course choice: Strawberry Spinach Salad with feta, pecans and chocolate balsamic dressing or Roasted Parsnip & Vanilla Chocolate Soup. Entrée choice: Cocoa Crusted Filet Mignon with sea salt fries, asparagus and shallot sauce or Pan Seared Scallops with spiced chocolate risotto and vanilla cream sauce. And for dessert: Chocolate Pot de Crème. This decadent dinner even includes the sommelier's selection of wine. Georgia's Bistro hours: Dinner, 5:30 to 10 p.m. (closed Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday)
For dining reservations, please call 706-467-7135.
The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
1 Lake Oconee Trail
Greensboro, Georgia 30642
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2201305
Akana has announced the availability of version 8 of its API Management solution. The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. Version 8 introduces a lot of new functionality, all aimed at offering customers the richest API Management capabilities in a way that is easier than ever for API and app developers to use.
Aug. 25, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,415
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,144
Is the ongoing quest for agility in the data center forcing you to evaluate how to be a part of infrastructure automation efforts? As organizations evolve toward bimodal IT operations, they are embracing new service delivery models and leveraging virtualization to increase infrastructure agility. Therefore, the network must evolve in parallel to become equally agile. Read this essential piece of Gartner research for recommendations on achieving greater agility.
Aug. 25, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 476
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,895
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,783
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 25, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,607
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,904
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 25, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,977
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 24, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,675
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,562
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 381
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 515
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,446
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,855
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Aug. 24, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,260
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 24, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,519
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Aug. 24, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,098
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 24, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,668
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Aug. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,191
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,859