|By Marketwired .||
|January 15, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
GREENSBORO, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- Along with the majestic and romantic backdrop of Lake Oconee at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, this February travelers will find additional touches of romance to enjoy. A seasonal Georgia vacation package takes its cues from a Fire & Ice theme, activities at the ice skating rink including a special "Skating with the Stars Couples Nights" will inspire Valentine's snuggling, and indulgent spa pampering features luscious ingredients. Pet owners who love to spoil their pups, can bring their dogs to A Puppy Love cooking class. And for couples who live by the motto "those who cook together, stay together," a BBQ Butler cooking lesson is available for Cottage guests.
Glittering 5,000-Square-Foot Ice Skating Rink
Open through February 24, 2013, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. & 4 to 8 p.m.
Always a romantic pastime, ice skating is available in the Georgia luxury resort's expansive outdoor Pavilion, accompanied by hot cocoa. Skating is complimentary for resort guests; non-resort guests price per session is $30 for children 12 and under; $40 for adults (price includes skate rentals, if needed).
Fire & Ice Hotel Package: Skate to Your Heart's Content
Available through February 24, 2013
- Luxurious hotel accommodations in a resort-view guestroom
- Unlimited ice skating
- Valet parking for one vehicle per night
- S'mores turndown amenity
- $100 food and beverage credit per day
- Starting at $329 per night, exclusive of tax
To book this weekend getaway in Georgia, please call 800-826-1945.
Skating with the Stars Couples Nights: Starry, Starry Nights on the Ice
February 14, 15 and 16, 8 to 9 p.m.
For couples only, skating sessions under the stars followed by hot toddies for two.
CouplesEscape: The Perfect Way to Spend Quality Time Together at the Spa
The award-winning Georgia spa is a warm tranquil sanctuary for guests to connect with that special someone. The Spa's Couples Escape includes: Couples Massage with Soak (105 minutes); Couples Pedicure (50 minutes) and champagne for two. 3 1/2 hours of pampering for $599. Reserve at 706-467-7185.
Valentine's Spa Treatments: Chocolate, Strawberry, and Everything Nice
Offered During February; For Spa reservations and information, please call 706-467-7185.
- "Just Give Me Chocolate" Body Treatment - This Vichy shower service begins with a mimosa sugar scrub to slough away dry skin cells. Next comes an antioxidant rich chocolate mask with cocoa, coconut milk and honey to boost defenses and soften skin. The finish is an aloe and shea strawberry smash moisturizer to protect skin from winter dryness. Then guests enjoy an indulgent chocolate truffle. 80 Minutes, $215
- Chocolate Truffle Facial - After a gentle exfoliation to renew skin cells, the face is drenched with a calorie-free chocolate mousse that fights signs of aging deliciously. Cocoa is rich in antioxidants and hydrating oils leaving skin smooth. A chocolate truffle is the very sweet ending to this pampering facial. 50 Minutes, $135; 80 Minutes, $199
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Manicure and Pedicure - Guests sip a glass of champagne while hands and feet are exfoliated with a sweet cream sugar scrub. Warm steamed towels help a delicious dark chocolate mask to seal in moisture and nourish skin. A strawberry cream, rich in aloe and vitamin C, locks in moisture and leaves skin dewy soft. 50-Minute Manicure, $65; 50-Minute Pedicure, $85
February is the Time to Share Culinary Activities and Dining Experiences with Those You Love
- Cottage Stays over Valentine's Weekend Offer a Private Three-Hour BBQ Butler Class - Available Thursday, February 14 through Sunday, February 17, classes held from 6 to 9 p.m. Lake Oconee resort is famous for its BBQ Butler experiences. During Valentine's Weekend, the BBQ Butlers will give a private BBQ lesson, available for two to six people staying in a three-bedroom cottage. $75 per person. Call 706-467-7059 for reservations.
- Puppy Love Cooking Class at Georgia's Bistro - Saturday, February 16 at 2 p.m.
Of course, the family's beloved pet deserves extra treats every day of the year. This class is offered for a guest and his or her canine Valentine. Learn how to make dog biscuits and other treats. Then conclude outside by the fire pit where dog participants will be treated to pet delicacies in their own pet bowl. The luxury resort's rescue mascot, Dooley, will greet all guests. $12 per person. Call 706-467-7059 for reservations.
- A truly romantic meal in a unique setting - Chiminea Dining during February. Guests dine under the stars, lakeside, on Adirondack chairs with blankets for coziness and choose from a three-course prix menu for two. Dishes may include an Artisan Cheese Plate, Filet Mignon with Cabernet Sauce & Grilled Salmon and Shrimp with Blood Orange Butter Sauce. Couples cap off the evening with S'mores or Chocolate Covered Strawberries. A bottle of wine is also included. $125 per person; reserve at least 24 hours in advance.
- Georgia's Bistro His & Hers Valentine's Day Menu (Available Feb. 14, 15, & 16) - This delectable Four-Course Tasting Menu will be served on this special day for lovers from 5:30 to 10 p.m. It tempts with Love Bites to Share such as Truffle Chicken Salad, Citrus Poached Shrimp and Goat Cheese with spiced pecans. The Second Course: "His," Smoked Short Rib with Cheddar Grits and Shallot Sauce; "Hers," Roasted Salmon with walnut-pepper relish. The Third Course: "His," Roasted Prime Rib of Beef and "Hers," Pan Seared Scallops. The Decadent Desserts: "His," Fire Roasted Apple Cake with Pecan Brittle and "Hers," Milk Chocolate Passion Fruit Curd Tart. $70 per person for Four Courses or guests may order items on this special menu a la carte.
- Aphrodisiac Valentine's Menu Served at Gaby's by the Lake (Available Feb. 14, 15, & 16) - What would February 14 be if couples didn't share some of the foods that are historically associated with love? Offered from 5 to 10 p.m., this special menu features: Starter of Oysters On The Half Shell (known for magical romantic powers) with "Bloody Mary" Granite; Main Course of Crispy Red Fish with sweet potato Dauphinois, jumbo asparagus (a beloved wedding night aphrodisiac in France) and lemon butter or 12-Ounce Grilled New York Strip with lobster mashed potato, lavender honey glazed carrots (honey has been associated with sensuality since the beginning of time) and red wine sauce. To end this magnificent repast: Chocolate (to heighten that giddy sensation) Fondue for two with strawberries, pineapple, financier, madeleines and marshmallows. The customary menu will also be served.
- Throughout February: Georgia's Bistro "3 for $33" Chocolate-Inspired Tasting Menu - It's a wonderful creative option for dining well with a very reasonable tab. First Course choice: Strawberry Spinach Salad with feta, pecans and chocolate balsamic dressing or Roasted Parsnip & Vanilla Chocolate Soup. Entrée choice: Cocoa Crusted Filet Mignon with sea salt fries, asparagus and shallot sauce or Pan Seared Scallops with spiced chocolate risotto and vanilla cream sauce. And for dessert: Chocolate Pot de Crème. This decadent dinner even includes the sommelier's selection of wine. Georgia's Bistro hours: Dinner, 5:30 to 10 p.m. (closed Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday)
For dining reservations, please call 706-467-7135.
The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
1 Lake Oconee Trail
Greensboro, Georgia 30642
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2201305
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,017
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 280
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 26, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,929
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,116
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 26, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,823
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,013
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,082
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,030
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,717
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 360
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 925
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) have entered into a definitive agreement under which Verizon will acquire Yahoo's operating business for approximately $4.83 billion in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments. Yahoo informs, connects and entertains a global audience of more than 1 billion monthly active users** -- including 600 million monthly active mobile users*** through its search, communications and digital content products. Yahoo also co...
Jul. 26, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 528
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jul. 26, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,997
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,192
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 26, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,021
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,556
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 635
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,326
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jul. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,440
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jul. 26, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,131