|By Marketwired .||
|January 15, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
GREENSBORO, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/15/13 -- Along with the majestic and romantic backdrop of Lake Oconee at The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation, this February travelers will find additional touches of romance to enjoy. A seasonal Georgia vacation package takes its cues from a Fire & Ice theme, activities at the ice skating rink including a special "Skating with the Stars Couples Nights" will inspire Valentine's snuggling, and indulgent spa pampering features luscious ingredients. Pet owners who love to spoil their pups, can bring their dogs to A Puppy Love cooking class. And for couples who live by the motto "those who cook together, stay together," a BBQ Butler cooking lesson is available for Cottage guests.
Glittering 5,000-Square-Foot Ice Skating Rink
Open through February 24, 2013, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. & 4 to 8 p.m.
Always a romantic pastime, ice skating is available in the Georgia luxury resort's expansive outdoor Pavilion, accompanied by hot cocoa. Skating is complimentary for resort guests; non-resort guests price per session is $30 for children 12 and under; $40 for adults (price includes skate rentals, if needed).
Fire & Ice Hotel Package: Skate to Your Heart's Content
Available through February 24, 2013
- Luxurious hotel accommodations in a resort-view guestroom
- Unlimited ice skating
- Valet parking for one vehicle per night
- S'mores turndown amenity
- $100 food and beverage credit per day
- Starting at $329 per night, exclusive of tax
To book this weekend getaway in Georgia, please call 800-826-1945.
Skating with the Stars Couples Nights: Starry, Starry Nights on the Ice
February 14, 15 and 16, 8 to 9 p.m.
For couples only, skating sessions under the stars followed by hot toddies for two.
CouplesEscape: The Perfect Way to Spend Quality Time Together at the Spa
The award-winning Georgia spa is a warm tranquil sanctuary for guests to connect with that special someone. The Spa's Couples Escape includes: Couples Massage with Soak (105 minutes); Couples Pedicure (50 minutes) and champagne for two. 3 1/2 hours of pampering for $599. Reserve at 706-467-7185.
Valentine's Spa Treatments: Chocolate, Strawberry, and Everything Nice
Offered During February; For Spa reservations and information, please call 706-467-7185.
- "Just Give Me Chocolate" Body Treatment - This Vichy shower service begins with a mimosa sugar scrub to slough away dry skin cells. Next comes an antioxidant rich chocolate mask with cocoa, coconut milk and honey to boost defenses and soften skin. The finish is an aloe and shea strawberry smash moisturizer to protect skin from winter dryness. Then guests enjoy an indulgent chocolate truffle. 80 Minutes, $215
- Chocolate Truffle Facial - After a gentle exfoliation to renew skin cells, the face is drenched with a calorie-free chocolate mousse that fights signs of aging deliciously. Cocoa is rich in antioxidants and hydrating oils leaving skin smooth. A chocolate truffle is the very sweet ending to this pampering facial. 50 Minutes, $135; 80 Minutes, $199
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Manicure and Pedicure - Guests sip a glass of champagne while hands and feet are exfoliated with a sweet cream sugar scrub. Warm steamed towels help a delicious dark chocolate mask to seal in moisture and nourish skin. A strawberry cream, rich in aloe and vitamin C, locks in moisture and leaves skin dewy soft. 50-Minute Manicure, $65; 50-Minute Pedicure, $85
February is the Time to Share Culinary Activities and Dining Experiences with Those You Love
- Cottage Stays over Valentine's Weekend Offer a Private Three-Hour BBQ Butler Class - Available Thursday, February 14 through Sunday, February 17, classes held from 6 to 9 p.m. Lake Oconee resort is famous for its BBQ Butler experiences. During Valentine's Weekend, the BBQ Butlers will give a private BBQ lesson, available for two to six people staying in a three-bedroom cottage. $75 per person. Call 706-467-7059 for reservations.
- Puppy Love Cooking Class at Georgia's Bistro - Saturday, February 16 at 2 p.m.
Of course, the family's beloved pet deserves extra treats every day of the year. This class is offered for a guest and his or her canine Valentine. Learn how to make dog biscuits and other treats. Then conclude outside by the fire pit where dog participants will be treated to pet delicacies in their own pet bowl. The luxury resort's rescue mascot, Dooley, will greet all guests. $12 per person. Call 706-467-7059 for reservations.
- A truly romantic meal in a unique setting - Chiminea Dining during February. Guests dine under the stars, lakeside, on Adirondack chairs with blankets for coziness and choose from a three-course prix menu for two. Dishes may include an Artisan Cheese Plate, Filet Mignon with Cabernet Sauce & Grilled Salmon and Shrimp with Blood Orange Butter Sauce. Couples cap off the evening with S'mores or Chocolate Covered Strawberries. A bottle of wine is also included. $125 per person; reserve at least 24 hours in advance.
- Georgia's Bistro His & Hers Valentine's Day Menu (Available Feb. 14, 15, & 16) - This delectable Four-Course Tasting Menu will be served on this special day for lovers from 5:30 to 10 p.m. It tempts with Love Bites to Share such as Truffle Chicken Salad, Citrus Poached Shrimp and Goat Cheese with spiced pecans. The Second Course: "His," Smoked Short Rib with Cheddar Grits and Shallot Sauce; "Hers," Roasted Salmon with walnut-pepper relish. The Third Course: "His," Roasted Prime Rib of Beef and "Hers," Pan Seared Scallops. The Decadent Desserts: "His," Fire Roasted Apple Cake with Pecan Brittle and "Hers," Milk Chocolate Passion Fruit Curd Tart. $70 per person for Four Courses or guests may order items on this special menu a la carte.
- Aphrodisiac Valentine's Menu Served at Gaby's by the Lake (Available Feb. 14, 15, & 16) - What would February 14 be if couples didn't share some of the foods that are historically associated with love? Offered from 5 to 10 p.m., this special menu features: Starter of Oysters On The Half Shell (known for magical romantic powers) with "Bloody Mary" Granite; Main Course of Crispy Red Fish with sweet potato Dauphinois, jumbo asparagus (a beloved wedding night aphrodisiac in France) and lemon butter or 12-Ounce Grilled New York Strip with lobster mashed potato, lavender honey glazed carrots (honey has been associated with sensuality since the beginning of time) and red wine sauce. To end this magnificent repast: Chocolate (to heighten that giddy sensation) Fondue for two with strawberries, pineapple, financier, madeleines and marshmallows. The customary menu will also be served.
- Throughout February: Georgia's Bistro "3 for $33" Chocolate-Inspired Tasting Menu - It's a wonderful creative option for dining well with a very reasonable tab. First Course choice: Strawberry Spinach Salad with feta, pecans and chocolate balsamic dressing or Roasted Parsnip & Vanilla Chocolate Soup. Entrée choice: Cocoa Crusted Filet Mignon with sea salt fries, asparagus and shallot sauce or Pan Seared Scallops with spiced chocolate risotto and vanilla cream sauce. And for dessert: Chocolate Pot de Crème. This decadent dinner even includes the sommelier's selection of wine. Georgia's Bistro hours: Dinner, 5:30 to 10 p.m. (closed Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday)
For dining reservations, please call 706-467-7135.
The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
1 Lake Oconee Trail
Greensboro, Georgia 30642
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2201305
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 7, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 2,195
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 261
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 926
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,748
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,676
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 363
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 7, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,262
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 7, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,778
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 941
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 4,318
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,119
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,200
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,388
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,122
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 7, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 747
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 7, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 848
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 648
We are always online. We access our data, our finances, work, and various services on the Internet. But we live in a congested world of information in which the roads were built two decades ago. The quest for better, faster Internet routing has been around for a decade, but nobody solved this problem. We’ve seen band-aid approaches like CDNs that attack a niche's slice of static content part of the Internet, but that’s it. It does not address the dynamic services-based Internet of today. It does...
Dec. 7, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,126
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 698
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 7, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 2,305