|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 04:38 PM EST||
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading world travel luminaries like Lonely Planet, Fodor's and Golfweek praise Dominican Republic's exuberant golf, beaches and exciting ecotourism and culture. Centrally located in the Caribbean with delicious gastronomy, friendly people and world-class resorts, Dominican Republic is the place to go in 2013!
"Dominican Republic boasts an unrivaled and carefully nurtured natural environment with culturally rich cities and friendly Dominican towns that keep visitors coming back to our 1,000 miles of sunny coastline every year," said Magaly Toribio, Marketing Advisor for the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism. "The charm and lure of the country comes from our exuberant people, abundant recreation and excursions, rich culture and superlative relaxation enabling visitors to transcend their cares and restore their joy."
2013 – Accolades:
- Veteran travel guide publisher Fodor's included the Samana Peninsula on Fodor's "Go List of 25 Places to Go in 2013" with new regular JetBlue and Air Canada flights to El Catey International Airport (AZS). Fodor's makes the point that Samaná is charming for its delightful small inns, secluded beaches, friendly locals and plenty of natural wonders. All of this plus the region has not experienced massive development.
- Lonely Planet named Dominican Republic among its "Top 10 Countries for 2013" in its "Best in Travel" honors. Lonely Planet draws upon the input of its staff, authors and online community for recommendations with the final list being decided upon by an in-house panel of experts.
- The International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO) named Dominican Republic the "2013 Golf Destination of the Year in the Caribbean and Latin America". This is the second time Dominican Republic has been chosen by IAGTO as best for its magnificent, sun-kissed golf courses.
2012 – Lavish Dominican Accommodations:
- Conde Nast Traveler magazine named The Peninsula House on the Samana Peninsula as #7 among the Top 100 Hotels of the World.
- TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence Award was presented to Casa Bonita Tropical Lodge in Barahona.
- Resort Condominiums International (RCI) Golf Crown Award was bestowed upon Puerto Plata's Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Resort & Spa, Now Larimar Punta Cana, Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana and Zoetry Agua Punta Cana.
- Island Destinations' Ultimate Family Award honored La Romana's Casa de Campo.
- The AAA Four Diamond Award was given to PUNTACANA Resort & Club's Bamboo restaurant and the AAA Three Diamond Award to its La Yola restaurant.
- The ITS Red Star Award honored Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace in La Romana-Bayahibe for its high-quality service and guest satisfaction.
- The HolidayCheck Award recognized four Dominican properties in four categories: Secrets Royal Beach in Punta Cana in Beach Holiday, Bayahibe's IBEROSTAR Hacienda Dominicus in Family, IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada by Puerto Plata in Couples, and IBEROSTAR Bavaro as the Country's No. 1 property.
- The Crystal Apple Award was bestowed to Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for its service.
- The European Foundation for Environmental Education granted the Blue Flag Award to Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort for its sustainable development.
2012 – Popular Perks:
- TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Award honored PUNTACANA Resort & Club's Tortuga Bay as the top hotel in Dominican Republic and No. 3 in the Caribbean.
- Travel + Leisure World's Best Values list included Sanctuary Cap Cana as No. 4 in "The Caribbean, Bermuda, and the Bahamas" category.
- Andrew Harper's Reader's Choice Awards named La Romana's Casa De Campo as one of the Top 20 Family Resorts and one of the Top 20 Golf Resorts.
- Latin Trade magazine named InterContinental V Centenario Hotel in Santo Domingo as the city's best business hotel.
- Hideaway Report readers recognized Casa de Campo as one of the World's Top 20 Family and Golf Resorts.
- TripAdvisor's travel community ranked Punta Cana as a Top 10 Most Romantic Destination.
- A National Geographic cover story featured Samana's roads in the world's most scenic drives.
- ShermansTravel.com named Dream's Punta Cana Resort & Spa the third best all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean and Mexico.
- Expedia.com's "Insiders' Selects" list honored three Dominican hotels: Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, Catalonia Royal Bavaro and Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro.
2012 – Smooth Sailing & Good Golfing:
- Cruise Insight magazine awarded La Romana cruise port with five accolades, including: "best cruise ship destination port."
- Celebrated Living's list of the World's Top 20 Golf Courses ranked La Cana Golf Course at PUNTACANA Resort & Club No. 20.
- GolfWeek included six Dominican golf courses in its "2012 Best Courses of the Caribbean and Mexico": Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore at Casa de Campo, Playa Grande, La Romana Country Club, Corales at PUNTACANA Resort & Club, and #1 Punta Espada at Cap Cana.
- World Travel Awards named Casa de Campo the Caribbean's leading golf resort in 2012.
Dominican Republic's first tourist was Christopher Columbus in 1492. Rich in history, Dominican Republic has developed into a diverse destination offering both Dominican and European flavors to approximately five million global visitors in 2012. Named #1 Golf Destination in Caribbean & Latin America by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators, Dominican Republic boasts 28 designer golf courses, upscale resorts, pristine nature and sophisticated cities and quaint villages filled with warm Dominican people. Dominican Republic features the best beaches, fascinating history and culture, and is a chosen escape for celebrities, couples and families alike. Visit Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism's official website at: www.GoDominicanRepublic.com.
SOURCE Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,993
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 8,541
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, will discuss how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team a...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 552
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,155
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 369
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 26, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,948
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 26, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,584
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,339
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,880
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 26, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,520
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Oct. 26, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,180
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,147
Two weeks ago (November 3-5), I attended the Cloud Expo Silicon Valley as a speaker, where I presented on the security and privacy due diligence requirements for cloud solutions. Cloud security is a topical issue for every CIO, CISO, and technology buyer. Decision-makers are always looking for insights on how to mitigate the security risks of implementing and using cloud solutions. Based on the presentation topics covered at the conference, as well as the general discussions heard between sessi...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 5,172
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,961
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Oct. 26, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,626
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 26, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,817
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 26, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 11,537
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,436
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,077
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Oct. 26, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,580