|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 04:38 PM EST||
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading world travel luminaries like Lonely Planet, Fodor's and Golfweek praise Dominican Republic's exuberant golf, beaches and exciting ecotourism and culture. Centrally located in the Caribbean with delicious gastronomy, friendly people and world-class resorts, Dominican Republic is the place to go in 2013!
"Dominican Republic boasts an unrivaled and carefully nurtured natural environment with culturally rich cities and friendly Dominican towns that keep visitors coming back to our 1,000 miles of sunny coastline every year," said Magaly Toribio, Marketing Advisor for the Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism. "The charm and lure of the country comes from our exuberant people, abundant recreation and excursions, rich culture and superlative relaxation enabling visitors to transcend their cares and restore their joy."
2013 – Accolades:
- Veteran travel guide publisher Fodor's included the Samana Peninsula on Fodor's "Go List of 25 Places to Go in 2013" with new regular JetBlue and Air Canada flights to El Catey International Airport (AZS). Fodor's makes the point that Samaná is charming for its delightful small inns, secluded beaches, friendly locals and plenty of natural wonders. All of this plus the region has not experienced massive development.
- Lonely Planet named Dominican Republic among its "Top 10 Countries for 2013" in its "Best in Travel" honors. Lonely Planet draws upon the input of its staff, authors and online community for recommendations with the final list being decided upon by an in-house panel of experts.
- The International Association of Golf Tour Operators (IAGTO) named Dominican Republic the "2013 Golf Destination of the Year in the Caribbean and Latin America". This is the second time Dominican Republic has been chosen by IAGTO as best for its magnificent, sun-kissed golf courses.
2012 – Lavish Dominican Accommodations:
- Conde Nast Traveler magazine named The Peninsula House on the Samana Peninsula as #7 among the Top 100 Hotels of the World.
- TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence Award was presented to Casa Bonita Tropical Lodge in Barahona.
- Resort Condominiums International (RCI) Golf Crown Award was bestowed upon Puerto Plata's Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort, Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa, Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Resort & Spa, Now Larimar Punta Cana, Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana and Zoetry Agua Punta Cana.
- Island Destinations' Ultimate Family Award honored La Romana's Casa de Campo.
- The AAA Four Diamond Award was given to PUNTACANA Resort & Club's Bamboo restaurant and the AAA Three Diamond Award to its La Yola restaurant.
- The ITS Red Star Award honored Viva Wyndham Dominicus Palace in La Romana-Bayahibe for its high-quality service and guest satisfaction.
- The HolidayCheck Award recognized four Dominican properties in four categories: Secrets Royal Beach in Punta Cana in Beach Holiday, Bayahibe's IBEROSTAR Hacienda Dominicus in Family, IBEROSTAR Costa Dorada by Puerto Plata in Couples, and IBEROSTAR Bavaro as the Country's No. 1 property.
- The Crystal Apple Award was bestowed to Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro for its service.
- The European Foundation for Environmental Education granted the Blue Flag Award to Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort for its sustainable development.
2012 – Popular Perks:
- TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Award honored PUNTACANA Resort & Club's Tortuga Bay as the top hotel in Dominican Republic and No. 3 in the Caribbean.
- Travel + Leisure World's Best Values list included Sanctuary Cap Cana as No. 4 in "The Caribbean, Bermuda, and the Bahamas" category.
- Andrew Harper's Reader's Choice Awards named La Romana's Casa De Campo as one of the Top 20 Family Resorts and one of the Top 20 Golf Resorts.
- Latin Trade magazine named InterContinental V Centenario Hotel in Santo Domingo as the city's best business hotel.
- Hideaway Report readers recognized Casa de Campo as one of the World's Top 20 Family and Golf Resorts.
- TripAdvisor's travel community ranked Punta Cana as a Top 10 Most Romantic Destination.
- A National Geographic cover story featured Samana's roads in the world's most scenic drives.
- ShermansTravel.com named Dream's Punta Cana Resort & Spa the third best all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean and Mexico.
- Expedia.com's "Insiders' Selects" list honored three Dominican hotels: Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus, Catalonia Royal Bavaro and Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro.
2012 – Smooth Sailing & Good Golfing:
- Cruise Insight magazine awarded La Romana cruise port with five accolades, including: "best cruise ship destination port."
- Celebrated Living's list of the World's Top 20 Golf Courses ranked La Cana Golf Course at PUNTACANA Resort & Club No. 20.
- GolfWeek included six Dominican golf courses in its "2012 Best Courses of the Caribbean and Mexico": Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore at Casa de Campo, Playa Grande, La Romana Country Club, Corales at PUNTACANA Resort & Club, and #1 Punta Espada at Cap Cana.
- World Travel Awards named Casa de Campo the Caribbean's leading golf resort in 2012.
Dominican Republic's first tourist was Christopher Columbus in 1492. Rich in history, Dominican Republic has developed into a diverse destination offering both Dominican and European flavors to approximately five million global visitors in 2012. Named #1 Golf Destination in Caribbean & Latin America by the International Association of Golf Tour Operators, Dominican Republic boasts 28 designer golf courses, upscale resorts, pristine nature and sophisticated cities and quaint villages filled with warm Dominican people. Dominican Republic features the best beaches, fascinating history and culture, and is a chosen escape for celebrities, couples and families alike. Visit Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism's official website at: www.GoDominicanRepublic.com.
SOURCE Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Dec. 3, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 5,967
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 3, 2016 05:45 AM EST Reads: 6,905
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web ...
Dec. 3, 2016 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,194
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 3, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,705
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 3, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 1,519
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 3, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 1,489
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 01:45 AM EST Reads: 765
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, director/senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 3, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,519
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 903
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,979
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,561
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,992
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 2, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,482
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data professionals...
Dec. 2, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 4,083
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,112
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 2, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,978
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 386
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 399
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and G...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,870
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 2, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 3,206