|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2013 10:00 AM EST||
Kronos Incorporated today announced financial results, company advancements, and customer successes for the first quarter of Fiscal 2013. Kronos revenue for the quarter increased 13 percent to $224.2 million. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased 18 percent to $66.7 million.1
“We delivered outstanding growth in our first quarter – including a 106-percent increase in workforce management cloud revenue,” said Aron Ain, Kronos chief executive officer. “Our award-winning products are ushering in a new era of innovation whereby organizations are empowered to manage in the moment. With our innovative product portfolio, fast-growing cloud business, deep vertical expertise, and unmatched global capabilities, Kronos is perfectly poised to continue to gain market share in 2013 and beyond.”
First-Quarter News Facts
- Tremendous Kronos Cloud growth – Kronos Cloud deployments represent the fastest-growing aspect of the company’s business. Kronos continues to experience a tremendous customer response to its new Workforce Ready™ suite in the Kronos Cloud for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), as well as its Workforce Central® suite in the Kronos Cloud for medium and large enterprise organizations. Deploying in the Kronos Cloud generates a fast return on investment and eliminates the need to invest in and manage IT infrastructure and staff. Today more than 7,000 organizations are running in the Kronos Cloud.
- Strong contribution from international regions – International product bookings increased 53 percent year on year. The Asia-Pacific region delivered exceptional results, as continued investments in Australia, China, and India resulted in new local and multinational customer wins. Kronos further extended its reach into the Chinese market by forming a reseller agreement with Capgemini. The Latin America region, led by the Kronos operation in Mexico, continued its growth and expansion. Significant progress continued in South Africa where Kronos experienced significant new customer acquisition. Kronos solutions are used in more than 100 countries around the world.
- Exceptional momentum in SMB sector – Small and midsize businesses are enthusiastically embracing the ease of use, affordability, and cloud capabilities of Kronos workforce management solutions as a way to stay competitive and do more with less. Kronos experienced an exceptional quarter in the SMB sector, driven in large part by an accelerated pace of adoption for its new Workforce Ready suite. Kronos is rapidly revolutionizing how SMBs manage their businesses and gain an even greater competitive advantage.
Delivery of innovative, next-generation products – During the
quarter, Kronos delivered a series of innovative new products and
enhancements which are transforming the way organizations manage their
- Workforce Tablet™ – A sleek, easy-to-use tablet application that delivers real-time, location-specific workforce information to frontline managers so they can more effectively manage in the moment, Workforce Tablet is a native-built tablet solution developed specifically for the Apple iPad, providing an anytime, anyplace, instant connection to the Kronos Workforce Central suite.
- Workforce Task Management™ – Workforce Task Management simplifies store execution by providing end-users with a streamlined approach to create, approve, execute, and verify tasks. This drives productivity by streamlining communication between corporate and stores as well as increases sales and customer satisfaction by ensuring tasks are completed on time and consistently across locations.
- Workforce Analytics™ – The latest version of Kronos’ Workforce Analytics solution enables organizations to easily access and leverage their workforce data to identify, predict, and manage opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains.
- Workforce Ready – Kronos delivered significant enhancements to its SMB cloud suite, Workforce Ready. Enhancements include compatibility with the Kronos InTouch™ time clock; introduction of a workforce-centric application marketplace; and additional language support.
- TeleStaff™ – The latest version of the Kronos TeleStaff public safety scheduling and notification solution includes enhancements that allow deployment and support of additional technology platforms; enhanced shift-bidding statuses enabling employees to view and monitor the status of their bids for shifts; and advanced reporting features.
- Kronos InTouch™ applications – Kronos partners, customers, and third-party developers can easily create and share workforce applications for the award-winning Kronos InTouch time clock. The latest applications include: developed by Axsium Group, Wayfinder helps employees easily find their way to their work location using floor plan maps; developed by The WFC Group, EnrollMe gives employees the ability to join their employer’s healthcare plan during open enrollment; and developed by Kronos, Employee Survey allows an employer to host a survey to solicit and capture employee feedback.
- In the first quarter of Fiscal 2013, Kronos signed agreements with organizations around the world such as: Aaron’s, Inc., a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories; ALDI Stores, A Limited Partnership, with more than 200 stores operating across New South Wales, ACT, Queensland, and Victoria, Australia; Carpenter Technology, produces and distributes specialty alloys, including stainless steels, titanium alloys and superalloys, and various engineered products; Hitachi Construction Machinery (Australia) Pty Ltd, a subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd (Japan), Australia’s home for sales and support of Hitachi, John Deere, and Bell construction, forestry, mining, quarry, and recycling machinery; Lafayette General Medical Center, a regional, non-profit, community-owned and -managed hospital located in Lafayette, Louisiana; North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System, the nation’s third-largest, non-profit, secular healthcare system; Rockford Health System, includes Rockford Memorial Hospital, Rockford Health Physicians, Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, Visiting Nurses Association and the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation; Santa Clara County, a county located at the southern end of the San Francisco Bay Area in California; Sports Direct, the UK’s leading sports retailer by revenue and operating profit, and the owner of a significant number of world-famous sport, fashion, and lifestyle brands; Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, not-for-profit health system located in Kansas City, Mo.; Wakefern Food Corporation, the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the U.S.; and Weir SPM, a market leader in well service pumps and high pressure flow control equipment.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks and Workforce Ready, Workforce Tablet, Workforce Task Management, Workforce Analytics, TeleStaff, and InTouch are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Footnote 1: Revenue excludes purchase accounting adjustments related to the company going private in June 2007 and its acquisitions since June 2007 and includes timing adjustments related to international product deliveries which management includes when evaluating operating results. EBITDA excludes purchase accounting adjustments, FAS 123R charges, and non-recurring, unusual charges.
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 5,813
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 16, 2017 06:30 AM EST Reads: 4,473
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 16, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,069
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 4,470
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,830
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develop...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 5,213
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of C...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 5,715
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 3,904
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,651
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,145
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 16, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 4,772
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 15, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 3,489
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 15, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 7,377
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 15, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 6,125
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jan. 15, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 4,776
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, discussed how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy applica...
Jan. 15, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,920
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 15, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,693
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 15, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,567
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 15, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,400
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 15, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 4,963