|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2013 10:00 AM EST||
Kronos Incorporated today announced financial results, company advancements, and customer successes for the first quarter of Fiscal 2013. Kronos revenue for the quarter increased 13 percent to $224.2 million. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased 18 percent to $66.7 million.1
“We delivered outstanding growth in our first quarter – including a 106-percent increase in workforce management cloud revenue,” said Aron Ain, Kronos chief executive officer. “Our award-winning products are ushering in a new era of innovation whereby organizations are empowered to manage in the moment. With our innovative product portfolio, fast-growing cloud business, deep vertical expertise, and unmatched global capabilities, Kronos is perfectly poised to continue to gain market share in 2013 and beyond.”
First-Quarter News Facts
- Tremendous Kronos Cloud growth – Kronos Cloud deployments represent the fastest-growing aspect of the company’s business. Kronos continues to experience a tremendous customer response to its new Workforce Ready™ suite in the Kronos Cloud for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), as well as its Workforce Central® suite in the Kronos Cloud for medium and large enterprise organizations. Deploying in the Kronos Cloud generates a fast return on investment and eliminates the need to invest in and manage IT infrastructure and staff. Today more than 7,000 organizations are running in the Kronos Cloud.
- Strong contribution from international regions – International product bookings increased 53 percent year on year. The Asia-Pacific region delivered exceptional results, as continued investments in Australia, China, and India resulted in new local and multinational customer wins. Kronos further extended its reach into the Chinese market by forming a reseller agreement with Capgemini. The Latin America region, led by the Kronos operation in Mexico, continued its growth and expansion. Significant progress continued in South Africa where Kronos experienced significant new customer acquisition. Kronos solutions are used in more than 100 countries around the world.
- Exceptional momentum in SMB sector – Small and midsize businesses are enthusiastically embracing the ease of use, affordability, and cloud capabilities of Kronos workforce management solutions as a way to stay competitive and do more with less. Kronos experienced an exceptional quarter in the SMB sector, driven in large part by an accelerated pace of adoption for its new Workforce Ready suite. Kronos is rapidly revolutionizing how SMBs manage their businesses and gain an even greater competitive advantage.
Delivery of innovative, next-generation products – During the
quarter, Kronos delivered a series of innovative new products and
enhancements which are transforming the way organizations manage their
- Workforce Tablet™ – A sleek, easy-to-use tablet application that delivers real-time, location-specific workforce information to frontline managers so they can more effectively manage in the moment, Workforce Tablet is a native-built tablet solution developed specifically for the Apple iPad, providing an anytime, anyplace, instant connection to the Kronos Workforce Central suite.
- Workforce Task Management™ – Workforce Task Management simplifies store execution by providing end-users with a streamlined approach to create, approve, execute, and verify tasks. This drives productivity by streamlining communication between corporate and stores as well as increases sales and customer satisfaction by ensuring tasks are completed on time and consistently across locations.
- Workforce Analytics™ – The latest version of Kronos’ Workforce Analytics solution enables organizations to easily access and leverage their workforce data to identify, predict, and manage opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains.
- Workforce Ready – Kronos delivered significant enhancements to its SMB cloud suite, Workforce Ready. Enhancements include compatibility with the Kronos InTouch™ time clock; introduction of a workforce-centric application marketplace; and additional language support.
- TeleStaff™ – The latest version of the Kronos TeleStaff public safety scheduling and notification solution includes enhancements that allow deployment and support of additional technology platforms; enhanced shift-bidding statuses enabling employees to view and monitor the status of their bids for shifts; and advanced reporting features.
- Kronos InTouch™ applications – Kronos partners, customers, and third-party developers can easily create and share workforce applications for the award-winning Kronos InTouch time clock. The latest applications include: developed by Axsium Group, Wayfinder helps employees easily find their way to their work location using floor plan maps; developed by The WFC Group, EnrollMe gives employees the ability to join their employer’s healthcare plan during open enrollment; and developed by Kronos, Employee Survey allows an employer to host a survey to solicit and capture employee feedback.
- In the first quarter of Fiscal 2013, Kronos signed agreements with organizations around the world such as: Aaron’s, Inc., a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories; ALDI Stores, A Limited Partnership, with more than 200 stores operating across New South Wales, ACT, Queensland, and Victoria, Australia; Carpenter Technology, produces and distributes specialty alloys, including stainless steels, titanium alloys and superalloys, and various engineered products; Hitachi Construction Machinery (Australia) Pty Ltd, a subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd (Japan), Australia’s home for sales and support of Hitachi, John Deere, and Bell construction, forestry, mining, quarry, and recycling machinery; Lafayette General Medical Center, a regional, non-profit, community-owned and -managed hospital located in Lafayette, Louisiana; North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System, the nation’s third-largest, non-profit, secular healthcare system; Rockford Health System, includes Rockford Memorial Hospital, Rockford Health Physicians, Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, Visiting Nurses Association and the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation; Santa Clara County, a county located at the southern end of the San Francisco Bay Area in California; Sports Direct, the UK’s leading sports retailer by revenue and operating profit, and the owner of a significant number of world-famous sport, fashion, and lifestyle brands; Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, not-for-profit health system located in Kansas City, Mo.; Wakefern Food Corporation, the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the U.S.; and Weir SPM, a market leader in well service pumps and high pressure flow control equipment.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks and Workforce Ready, Workforce Tablet, Workforce Task Management, Workforce Analytics, TeleStaff, and InTouch are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Footnote 1: Revenue excludes purchase accounting adjustments related to the company going private in June 2007 and its acquisitions since June 2007 and includes timing adjustments related to international product deliveries which management includes when evaluating operating results. EBITDA excludes purchase accounting adjustments, FAS 123R charges, and non-recurring, unusual charges.
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,756
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,591
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,648
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:07 PM EDT Reads: 227
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 834
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,397
The paradigm has shifted. A Gartner survey shows that 43% of organizations are using or plan to implement the Internet of Things in 2016. However, not just a handful of companies are still using the old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways, unaware of the critical barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can you become a winner? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan will present a methodical approach to guide the holistic adoption and enablement of IoT implementations. This ov...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,531
We’ve worked with dozens of early adopters across numerous industries and will debunk common misperceptions, which starts with understanding that many of the connected products we’ll use over the next 5 years are already products, they’re just not yet connected. With an IoT product, time-in-market provides much more essential feedback than ever before. Innovation comes from what you do with the data that the connected product provides in order to enhance the customer experience and optimize busi...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 826
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, will explain how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Apr. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 972
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
Apr. 29, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 777
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
Apr. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 745
SYS-CON Events announced today that Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere...
Apr. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,477
Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified – now it's a component-based well-performing framework. This immersive one-day workshop at 18th Cloud Expo, led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and the product company SuranceBay, will provide you with everything you wanted to know about Angular 2.
Apr. 29, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,629
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Apr. 29, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,219
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
Apr. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 482
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
Apr. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,413
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, will discuss how leveraging the Industrial Interne...
Apr. 29, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,108
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 992
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 835
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
Apr. 29, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 610