|By Business Wire||
|February 5, 2013 10:00 AM EST||
Kronos Incorporated today announced financial results, company advancements, and customer successes for the first quarter of Fiscal 2013. Kronos revenue for the quarter increased 13 percent to $224.2 million. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased 18 percent to $66.7 million.1
“We delivered outstanding growth in our first quarter – including a 106-percent increase in workforce management cloud revenue,” said Aron Ain, Kronos chief executive officer. “Our award-winning products are ushering in a new era of innovation whereby organizations are empowered to manage in the moment. With our innovative product portfolio, fast-growing cloud business, deep vertical expertise, and unmatched global capabilities, Kronos is perfectly poised to continue to gain market share in 2013 and beyond.”
First-Quarter News Facts
- Tremendous Kronos Cloud growth – Kronos Cloud deployments represent the fastest-growing aspect of the company’s business. Kronos continues to experience a tremendous customer response to its new Workforce Ready™ suite in the Kronos Cloud for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), as well as its Workforce Central® suite in the Kronos Cloud for medium and large enterprise organizations. Deploying in the Kronos Cloud generates a fast return on investment and eliminates the need to invest in and manage IT infrastructure and staff. Today more than 7,000 organizations are running in the Kronos Cloud.
- Strong contribution from international regions – International product bookings increased 53 percent year on year. The Asia-Pacific region delivered exceptional results, as continued investments in Australia, China, and India resulted in new local and multinational customer wins. Kronos further extended its reach into the Chinese market by forming a reseller agreement with Capgemini. The Latin America region, led by the Kronos operation in Mexico, continued its growth and expansion. Significant progress continued in South Africa where Kronos experienced significant new customer acquisition. Kronos solutions are used in more than 100 countries around the world.
- Exceptional momentum in SMB sector – Small and midsize businesses are enthusiastically embracing the ease of use, affordability, and cloud capabilities of Kronos workforce management solutions as a way to stay competitive and do more with less. Kronos experienced an exceptional quarter in the SMB sector, driven in large part by an accelerated pace of adoption for its new Workforce Ready suite. Kronos is rapidly revolutionizing how SMBs manage their businesses and gain an even greater competitive advantage.
Delivery of innovative, next-generation products – During the
quarter, Kronos delivered a series of innovative new products and
enhancements which are transforming the way organizations manage their
- Workforce Tablet™ – A sleek, easy-to-use tablet application that delivers real-time, location-specific workforce information to frontline managers so they can more effectively manage in the moment, Workforce Tablet is a native-built tablet solution developed specifically for the Apple iPad, providing an anytime, anyplace, instant connection to the Kronos Workforce Central suite.
- Workforce Task Management™ – Workforce Task Management simplifies store execution by providing end-users with a streamlined approach to create, approve, execute, and verify tasks. This drives productivity by streamlining communication between corporate and stores as well as increases sales and customer satisfaction by ensuring tasks are completed on time and consistently across locations.
- Workforce Analytics™ – The latest version of Kronos’ Workforce Analytics solution enables organizations to easily access and leverage their workforce data to identify, predict, and manage opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains.
- Workforce Ready – Kronos delivered significant enhancements to its SMB cloud suite, Workforce Ready. Enhancements include compatibility with the Kronos InTouch™ time clock; introduction of a workforce-centric application marketplace; and additional language support.
- TeleStaff™ – The latest version of the Kronos TeleStaff public safety scheduling and notification solution includes enhancements that allow deployment and support of additional technology platforms; enhanced shift-bidding statuses enabling employees to view and monitor the status of their bids for shifts; and advanced reporting features.
- Kronos InTouch™ applications – Kronos partners, customers, and third-party developers can easily create and share workforce applications for the award-winning Kronos InTouch time clock. The latest applications include: developed by Axsium Group, Wayfinder helps employees easily find their way to their work location using floor plan maps; developed by The WFC Group, EnrollMe gives employees the ability to join their employer’s healthcare plan during open enrollment; and developed by Kronos, Employee Survey allows an employer to host a survey to solicit and capture employee feedback.
- In the first quarter of Fiscal 2013, Kronos signed agreements with organizations around the world such as: Aaron’s, Inc., a national leader in the sales and lease ownership and specialty retailing of residential and office furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories; ALDI Stores, A Limited Partnership, with more than 200 stores operating across New South Wales, ACT, Queensland, and Victoria, Australia; Carpenter Technology, produces and distributes specialty alloys, including stainless steels, titanium alloys and superalloys, and various engineered products; Hitachi Construction Machinery (Australia) Pty Ltd, a subsidiary of Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd (Japan), Australia’s home for sales and support of Hitachi, John Deere, and Bell construction, forestry, mining, quarry, and recycling machinery; Lafayette General Medical Center, a regional, non-profit, community-owned and -managed hospital located in Lafayette, Louisiana; North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System, the nation’s third-largest, non-profit, secular healthcare system; Rockford Health System, includes Rockford Memorial Hospital, Rockford Health Physicians, Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, Visiting Nurses Association and the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation; Santa Clara County, a county located at the southern end of the San Francisco Bay Area in California; Sports Direct, the UK’s leading sports retailer by revenue and operating profit, and the owner of a significant number of world-famous sport, fashion, and lifestyle brands; Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, not-for-profit health system located in Kansas City, Mo.; Wakefern Food Corporation, the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the U.S.; and Weir SPM, a market leader in well service pumps and high pressure flow control equipment.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks and Workforce Ready, Workforce Tablet, Workforce Task Management, Workforce Analytics, TeleStaff, and InTouch are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Footnote 1: Revenue excludes purchase accounting adjustments related to the company going private in June 2007 and its acquisitions since June 2007 and includes timing adjustments related to international product deliveries which management includes when evaluating operating results. EBITDA excludes purchase accounting adjustments, FAS 123R charges, and non-recurring, unusual charges.
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Sep. 28, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,153
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,841
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,546
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Sep. 28, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,124
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,201
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,152
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 28, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,570
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 536
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,055
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,260
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,268
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,905
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,686
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,360
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,474
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,110
The Jevons Paradox suggests that when technological advances increase efficiency of a resource, it results in an overall increase in consumption. Writing on the increased use of coal as a result of technological improvements, 19th-century economist William Stanley Jevons found that these improvements led to the development of new ways to utilize coal. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Thiele, Chief Strategy Officer for Apcera, will compare the Jevons Paradox to modern-day enterprise IT, e...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,272
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,477
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Sep. 28, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,826
Digital transformation is too big and important for our future success to not understand the rules that apply to it. The first three rules for winning in this age of hyper-digital transformation are: Advantages in speed, analytics and operational tempos must be captured by implementing an optimized information logistics system (OILS) Real-time operational tempos (IT, people and business processes) must be achieved Businesses that can "analyze data and act and with speed" will dominate those t...
Sep. 28, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,204